There is way of living in which we are not subject to God’s law – to live in the Spirit.
LIVING IN THE SPIRIT
Living In The Spirit – God’s intention for creating the Law (Exodus 20) is to regulate our flesh, senses and thought which our actions begin. Since humanity has been corrupted with evil from the beginning, God set rules to restrain our uncontrollable lust of the flesh.
Evidently, if a man is living in ignorance of spirit’s principles, he is intrinsically long for “Nicole” although he has his own legal wife. There is a continuous gratification of the flesh Gal 5:16 “ So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh.” and there are no satisfactions at all. Flesh has an endless desire for materials.
So, if you have partner living in this kind of ignorance, be prepared for a worse scenario. Not just to be dogmatic, but there is big tendency for falling into sin of adultery and fornication. Even King David of the Old Testament committed an adultery to a married woman – Bathsheba.
Whosoever is living in the ignorance of the spirit’s life is subject for God’s law and he/she is under the slavery of sin and judgement of God. Sin is your master, and there is no real freedom in you no matter how you endeavor to get out from that life. We can only have genuine liberty under the supervision of the Holy Spirit of God. No more no less!
Here are tips that might help us how to live in the Spirit:
1. Establish and strengthen your faith
- What is faith? Hebrews 11:1
- Faith comes from hearing His word. Rom 10:17
2. Renew and set your hearts & minds on spiritual things. Colossians 3:1-2
- Renew your mind Rom 12:2
3. Prioritize the kingdom of heavens..Matthew 6:33
- Forget about selfish ambitions
4. We must die to sin
- Count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus Rom 6:11
We only have two options in life:
- To live in the flesh – subject to God’s law and slave to sin;
- To live in the Holy Spirit – real freedom 2 Cor 3:17, and under the guidance of God
The Broad road -destruction and life with satan and the Narrow Road – life in God.